Asian Handicap Betting: The best strategies for Asian gamblers
An overview of Asian Handicap
Asian Handicap has been evaluated as one of the the most valuable weapon in our arsenal as as it allows us to pick one out of two possible outcomes, vastly increasing our chances of winning. To have a winning bet, you have to understand how Asian Handicap works and have a clear analysis on the Asian Handicap strategies. There are thousands of Asian handicap betting out there. In this article, we aim to focus on the five most popular and also the calculation example for you to have a deep understanding about this type of betting.
Finding more value on Asian Handicap betting
Football handicap is usually based on the understanding the physical and psychological conditions o the team. For example, Southampton are hosting Liverpool. so obviously The reds are far more having possibility to win that match. This fact, you know it, the pundits know it, and most importantly, the bookies know it.In such occasions you can back Liverpool to win at -1.00 at odds 1.65 or even higher on the king of Asian handicaps Bet365, or if you think they’ll have an easy evening for them, then you can pick the -1.5 option at 2.10 or more.
Now let’s get started understanding about the different types of Asian Handicap:
Asian handicap 0.0
This option is what we call “ Draw no bets”. No advantage set for any team.
Example: Chelsea vs Liverpool AH – 0.0
Asian handicap odds: Home – 1.90, Away – 1.95
You bet $100 on Chelsea to win 0.0 AH at 1.90 Asian bet market. To win your coupon, you need Chelsea to win the game.
- If Chelsea wins, you win $100 × 1.90 = $190. Your profit is $190 – 100 = $90.
- If a possible draw occurs, you get stake refund. $100 back. No wager, no bet result.
- If Chelsea loses the game, you lose your bet too.
It is the same with Liverpool 0.0 AH. You need Liverpool to win the game.
- If a draw occurs, you get your money back. No Wager, no bet result.
- If Liverpool loses, you lose your bet too.
Asian handicap 0.25
With this option, the game starts with a score of 0 – 0.25 (1/4 goal handicaps). The underdog team has the advantage of a quarter goal prior to kick off. In this match, you should understand that Lyon is the away team which carries this odds
Example: Monaco vs Lyon AH – 0:1/4
Home Odds – 2.00, Away Odds – 1.90
You bet $100 on Monaco to win -1/4 AH. To win your coupon, you need Monaco to win the game.
- If Monaco wins, you win $100 × 2.00 = $200. It means you make $200 – $100 = $100 profit.
- If a draw occurs, you lose half your stakes ($50) and the other half ($50) is back.
- If Lyon wins the game, you lose your all stake.
You bet $100 on Lyon to win +1/4 AH. To win your coupon, you need Lyon to win the game.
- If Lyon wins the game, you win $100 × 1.90 = $190. It means you make $190 – $100 = $90 profit.
- If a draw occurs, you get half of your stake ($50) back and win the other half ($50) at 1.90. It means, you win $50 (back) + $95 ($50 × 1.90) = $145. Your profit is $145 – $100 = $45.
Asian handicap 0.75
Asian Handicap 0 : 0.75 means that the game starts with the score of 0 : 0.75 (3/4 goal handicap). The underdog team has the advantage of a quarter goal prior to kick off.
Match: chelsea vs Liverpool
Market: 0.75 AH
Odds: Home 1.90 – Away 1.90
You bet £100 on Chelsea to win +0.75 AH. The home team is the underdog. As a result of it, Chelsea has the benefit of the AH. To win your bet, you need Chelsea to win or tie the game.
- If Chelsea wins or ties the game, you win the bet. Your profit is £90 because the bookie takes from you 10% which called vigorish or margin.
- If Liverpool wins by 1 goal difference (0-1, 1-2, 2-3), you lose half of your stake (£50) and the other half (£50) returns to you.
- If liverpool wins the game by 2 or more goals (0-2, 1-3, 0-3), you lose your stake.
You bet £100 on Liverpool to win -0.75 AH. To win your bet, you need Liverpool to win by 2 or more goals difference (0-2, 0-3, 1-3).
- If Liverpool wins the game by 2 or more goals, you win the bet. Your profit is £90, 105 of your bet goes to bookie
- If Real Madrid wins by 1 goal (0-1, 1-2, 2-3), you win half of your stake (£50) and win the other half (£50 × 1.90). Your profit is £45.
- If the game ends to a tie or Chelsea wins, you lose your stake
Asian handicap -1
Let’s an example of another types of Handicap. In this case, the game starts with the score of 0:1. The underdog team has the advantage of one goal prior to kick off.
Match: chelsea and liverpool
Market: +1 or -1 AH
Odds: Home 1.90 – Away 3.04
You bet £100 on Chelsea to win -1 AH. To win your bet, you need Chelsea to win by 2 or more goals (2-0, 3-0, 3-1).
- If Chelsea wins by 2 or more goals, you win £100 × 1.90 = £190. You profit is £90.
- If Chelsea wins by 1 goal (1-0, 2-1, 3-2), you get your stake back.
- If the game ties or liverpool wins, you lose your stake.
You bet £100 on liverpool to win +1 AH. To win your bet, you need liverpool to win or a draw.
- If the game ends to a draw or Liverpool wins, you win the bet. Your profit is £105.
- If Liverpool loses by 1 goal (1-0, 2-1, 3-2), You get your stake back.
- With any Chealsea win by 2 or more goals, you lose your bet.
As when you place any bet, the bookie will cut your stake off of 10% which is a normal margin that is acceptable among a lot of gambling regulation. However, we would like to recommend you to place your bet at the bookies which offer the lowest margins:
Alternative Asian handicap markets
It is how the bookmakers list the options to their software.
For example, Bet365 offers the standard AH option, depending on the odds. They list all other AH options under a different section. They call this section ‘Alternative AH’.
I prefer AH betting in football, instead of standard betting.
The rules may look difficult with the first point of view. But in the end, you will find it so easy.
Get started with Asian handicap betting, you will have more winning bets. I hope you understood what does Asian handicap mean.
Favourites and Underdog guidelines
The different between Underdogs and Favourites Betting on the Underdog It’s a question that you…
What are moneyline bets & How do they work?
An overview of Moneyline bets Moneyline is known to be the second most popular bet,…
Sports Betting Guides: Your Ultimate Resource for Betting on Sports
Sports betting is known to be the oldest form of gambling in human existence, especially…
Basic Strategy for Betting Point Spreads
[caption id="attachment_2628" align="alignleft" width="1024"] point spread betting[/caption] What is point spread betting? Points spread +/-…